By Bill Nee, Senior VP Marketing and Sales uVera Diagnostics
Do you know the dangers of driving while high on Marijuana?
We all know the dangers of driving under the influence of alcohol. We regularly hear the statistics of accidents and deaths caused by drunk drivers. However, alcohol isn’t the only substance that we need to worry about when we get into our cars and enter the highway with other drivers every day.
Driving under the influence of marijuana is just as dangerous as driving under the influence of alcohol, and perhaps even more so due to people’s lack of awareness of the problem.
Driving Under The Influence of Marijuana
Below are some things to consider to deter you or someone you love from driving under the influence of marijuana:
- Even if you are in a state where marijuana use is legal, driving under the influence of marijuana is illegal.
- If you have smoked ANY marijuana, no matter how aware you may feel, you should NOT drive a vehicle. Any amount of marijuana can alter your perceptions and delay your reaction time, making you unfit to drive.
- If you are stopped by a police officer for anything, a brake light out, swerving when driving, or anything else after you have smoked marijuana, it is very possible the officer will smell the marijuana on your clothes.
- Just because you used to drive under the influence of marijuana “back in the day” or your parents used to do it, does not make it safe to do today.
- The amount of drivers who had THC, or marijuana, in their system when involved in a fatality has increased over the years. According to a report published in the American Journal of Epidemiology, the number of car crash victims with marijuana in their system increased from 4.2 percent in 1999 to 12.2 percent in 2010.
Do you know someone who drives under the influence of marijuana or other drugs? Share this blog with them. Let’s make our roads safer.
Do you sometimes use marijuana and then hop behind the wheel? Has this blog helped you realize this may be a problem? Share your experiences and comments below. Feel free to site studies, we know there is information going both ways.
- What it looks like
- Why it’s taken
- The side effects
- How to test for Marijuana use
uVera Diagnostics is a drug testing company that provides drug test kits for use at home or in the workplace. If you know someone who you suspect is driving under the influence of Marijuana you can have them take a drug test. You never know it just may save their life. Click here to purchase marijuana drug test kits or call 866-242-5930.
Remember, we’d like your feedback. Please share in the comment section below. Don’t be shy. You can use just your first name and your email does not show up on the post!
For more information about drug testing kits that can be discreetly delivered straight to your home, click here or call 1-866-242-5930.
Posted by Bill Nee, Senior VP Marketing and Sales uVera Diagnostics and Co-designer and Developer of the CR3 split-sample drug test cup. Bill has 25 years in sales management and marketing and is a 10 year veteran of the drug testing industry. As a parent and co-worker, Bill’s energy is focused on drug testing on every level. Addiction is all around us in alcohol, prescriptions and street drugs, and that is a constant reminder a drug free society starts with each and every one of us.
For more information on drug testing, click here or call 1-866-242-5930.
This information is meant for awareness and education purposes only. Any medical or life saving advice should come from experts. Always consult with your physician about any and all drugs.
Sources: drugless.org, drugabuse.gov, ibtimes.com, cnn.com
Photo courtesy of FreeDigitalPhotos.net by Stock Images and Paul (Marijuana)