The Job of Drug Testing for Federal Agencies
uVera Diagnostics sells accurate, CLIA Waived and FDA cleared drug tests for federal agencies. With a wide range of drug testing cups and tests, uVera Diagnostics can help drug testing administrators select drug tests that meet drug test standards in federal agencies. Click here to shop and buy Drug Testing Kits.
Whether you need small quantities or buy in bulk, you can shop and buy online by the drug being tested or by the type of drug testing product. uVera Diagnostics provides accurate drug tests that will fit the needs of federal agencies through a variety of drug testing products that provide quick and accurate results. Whether you’re testing for one drug or many, we carry urine drug test cups, drug testing kits, dip panels, alcohol testing products, specimen cups and oral fluid saliva drug tests.
Federal agencies must follow the Mandatory Guidelines for Federal Workplace Drug Testing as established by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) when administering drug tests. Five substances including amphetamines, cannabinoids, cocaine, opiates and phencyclidine are the minimum required to be tested in the guidelines. uVera Diagnostics offers a variety of drug test cups to fit the needs of your organization.
Why is Drug Testing for Federal Agencies Important?
Drug testing prior to employment and randomly during employment is essential to promote a drug-free work environment as decreed by the Executive Order 12564. Drug testing is a requirement, and it is especially important for those governmental agencies that deal with transportation, law enforcement, air traffic and sensitive information.
uVera Diagnostics has a wide variety of CLIA waived and FDA cleared drug tests that meet the standards required by SAMHSA and federal agencies. uVera Diagnostics’ selection of urine and saliva tests are easy to use and can be read within minutes. Call 1-866-242-5930.
Purchase drug tests for federal agencies easily
Federal agency administrators can purchase no-mess, accurate, CLIA waived and FDA cleared drug tests from uVera Diagnostics. Our drug tests are competitively priced and easy to order whether you order one or hundreds. Call 1-866-242-5930.
Who Takes Drug Tests for Federal Agencies
- Federal agencies require all applicants to submit to a pre-employment drug test and work cannot be performed prior to receiving the results of that test. Any applicant who will not take the test or fails the test will be ineligible for a government job.
- Many federal agencies such as the U.S. Department of Defense use random drug testing and aim to test 100% of employees at least once during a specific time period. The aim of random drug testing is to ensure that all employees are given equal consideration and that eventually all will be tested.
- A third type of drug test administered to federal employees is a reasonable suspicion test. As the name states, there must be reasonable suspicion prior to the administration of the drug test and for most agencies, this suspicion must be documented by the employee’s direct supervisor in great detail. If an employee refuses to take the drug test, his or her employment may be terminated. Of course, if an employee believes the test to be unreasonable, he or she may seek legal guidance.
- Other types of drug tests that can be used by federal agencies are accident or unsafe practice testing, voluntary testing or follow-up testing. These types of tests cover:
- An employee who is involved in an accident at work may be tested. The supervisor may test when the accident involves death or hospitalization or damage to governmental or private property in excess of a specified amount.
- Employees not in the random drug testing pool of candidates can ask to be included to demonstrate their commitment to a drug-free workplace.
- All employees after completing counseling or rehab for illegal drug use through EAP are subject to random testing for a period of one year after the completion of the program.