The Job of Drug Testing for State Agencies
State agencies looking for accurate, FDA cleared and CLIA waived drug tests for employees can depend on uVera Diagnostics for the best drug tests available. We supply highly accurate saliva, urine and breath tests for state agency administrators, human resource personnel and supervisors.
Whether it’s for pre-employment testing or random drug and alcohol testing, uVera Diagnostics provides a wide range of drug tests that can be ordered in bulk. We understand the need for accuracy and fast results. Our staff is available to assist you in choosing the correct test needed for your agency.
Why is Drug Testing important?
For many state agencies, drug testing is a requirement. For agencies that deal with transportation, law enforcement, air traffic and sensitive information, the need for drug testing is vital for the safety of the public and other employees.
Simplified Drug Testing?
State agency administrators can purchase no-mess, accurate, CLIA waived and FDA cleared drug tests from uVera Diagnostics. uVera Diagnostics’ selection of urine and saliva tests are easy to use and can be read within minutes. Our drug tests are competitively priced and easy to order whether you order one or hundreds through bulk ordering. Call 1-866-242-5930.
Types of Drug Testing
Depending on the state agency, different types of drug testing may be required. Many agencies have found it to be prudent and follow the guidelines set by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA). These may include:
- Pre-employment drug test: Work cannot be performed prior to receiving the results of that test, and any applicant who will not take the test or fails the test may be ineligible for a state agency
- Random drug test: As the name implies, the test is given randomly and the goal is to test 100% of employees at least once during a specific time period. The aim of random drug testing is to ensure that all employees are given equal consideration and that eventually all will be tested.
- Reasonable suspicion test: With this test, there must be reasonable suspicion prior to the administration of the drug test and for most agencies, this suspicion must be documented by the employee’s direct supervisor in great detail. If an employee refuses to take the test, his or her employment may be terminated. Of course, if an employee believes the test to be unreasonable, he or she may seek legal guidance.
Other types of drug tests that can be used by state agencies include:
- Post-accident or unsafe practice test: An employee that is involved in an accident at work may be tested. The supervisor may test when the accident involves death or hospitalization or damage to governmental or private property in excess of a specified amount.
- Voluntary Test: Employees not in the random drug testing pool of candidates can ask to be included to demonstrate their commitment to a drug-free workplace.
- Follow-up Test: All employees after completing counseling or rehab for illegal drug use through EAP are subject to random testing for a period of one year after the completion of the program.
From small quantities to large bulk orders, uVera Diagnostics has a drug testing product that is right for you. Order Drug Test Kits online or call 1-866-242-5930.
*Sources: samhsa.gov and work.chron.com