Pre-Employment Drug Testing
Pre-employment drug testing is one of the most important times to perform drug tests. Why? Because right from the start, you can eliminate potential new employees who have drug problems. Imagine the time and money spent to train a new employee; only to find out they have a drug addiction. They could start showing up late for work, if they show up at all. With the symptoms of drug addiction, they are a danger to your employees and possibly customers.
If you want to minimize your risk of hiring someone addicted to drugs, you need to perform pre-employment drug testing. You can do this onsite with speed and accuracy; thus, cutting down on the time it takes to get results. So, what do you need to do to make this a part of your hiring practice? You definitely need to work with our company, uVera Diagnostics. We have all of the drug testing supplies you will need to perform onsite pre-employment drug testing.
At uVera Diagnostics, you can speak with one of our team members who will work with you to determine the best drug testing kits based on your company’s specific needs and the types of drugs to detect, and you can order in bulk.
We have made the process very easy by giving you information about each drug test. Each drug test description includes the following information to help you decide which drug tests are the best to purchase for your company needs.
- It will show the drugs it tests for, some giving you different options for combinations. We have drug tests that can detect from 3 to 14 drugs.
- You can search based on the type of testing procedure. You have the choice of urine dip panels, urine all-in-one drug test cups, split sample urine drug test cups, urine T-Cups or an all-in-one saliva drug test.
- It indicates if the drug test is FDA 510(k) Cleared & CLIA Waived.
- It will list the shelf life, so you can order the correct quantity based on how often you drug test.
- You can see if it is set to the SAMSHA cut-off levels.
- It will show if the drug test leaves a reserved urine sample for GC/MS (Gas Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry) testing.
In addition to your drug testing supplies, there are additional elements you will need to make pre-employment drug testing part of your hiring process:
- Research all applicable laws to ensure you comply with them.
- Establish a written drug-free workplace and drug-testing policy.
- You need to establish your process and requirements. This may include when to inform the job candidates about your pre-employment drug testing and how and where the testing occurs. This goes back to the applicable laws.
- You can Implement an EAP or Employee Assistance Program, which is a confidential service that provides assistance for employees struggling with drug abuse and addiction.
If you want to know more about a having a Drug-Free Workplace, we have provided the following information. Just click on the article you want to read.
uVera Diagnostics has what your company needs
uVera Diagnostics has drug testing supplies to suit your company’s drug testing requirements. Our customer service can help you with any questions you have on drug testing and meet your company’s unique needs. We provide:
- FDA Cleared drug tests
- CLIA Waived drug tests
- Bulk purchasing
- A variety of quality products you need
- Easy to order—Order online or by phone
- Competitively priced products
- Easy to use products and you don’t have to touch the specimen!
We have many other drug testing kits, as well, that you can use for pre-employment drug testing. Contact us today if you have any questions about how we can help you fulfill your drug-free workplace initiative. From small quantities to large bulk orders, uVera Diagnostics has a drug-testing product that is right for you.