Pre-Employment Drug Testing is Part of Application Process
Pre-employment drug testing is one of the most common types of drug testing in business. In addition, it is an important element in having a Drug-Free Workplace. For instance, some industries legally require drug testing, like transportation workers, teachers, child-care workers, state and federal employees, etc. Subsequently, this occurs after a “Conditional Offer of Employment” has been issued. Your drug testing procedures and policies should be performed in accordance with state and federal laws.
One way to weed out potential drug abusers right from the beginning is to state on your job posting that a drug test is part of the application process. In the beginning, this may decrease your overall pool of job candidates, but it will save you time, money and potential liability issues down the road.
Why Should Pre-Employment Drug Testing be Part of Your Hiring Process?
The answer is simple. You do not want to hire someone who poses a potential risk to your employees, customers and business safety, and here is why.
- A drug-abusing employee can and will be a danger to co-workers. Consequently, it can be a simple task that leads to fire from the coffee maker left on overnight. In other words, it could be even worse, such as a task requiring manual labor where the employee or a co-worker is injured.
- Your company data can be compromised. This can happen with inaccurate input or output of data to cyber security threats.
- Because of the cost of drug abuse, you leave your business and employees open to theft. The drug abuser needs money to buy their drugs.
- Your business reputation is at risk. All of your employees, no matter their job position, are a reflection of your company. Do you want your sales representative or customer service person high on drugs while working with your customers?
Maintain a Drug-Free Workplace with New Hires
The importance of drug testing does not stop with hiring new employees. Random drug testing should be conducted because new employees can start abusing drugs after they are hired. Because of this, you will also want to put all new employees on a probation period that includes random drug testing. Therefore, we advise you to check your state and federal laws for guidelines on all drug testing law and procedures.
Advantages of Pre-Employment Drug Testing
We know that drug testing is an added expense to your hiring practice, but it will cost your business more if a drug-abuser is hired or allowed to continue working. Fortunately, there are many ways to conduct drug testing while minimizing the cost, time and disruption to the workplace.
Opting to use on-site or employer testing (also known as point-of-care testing) makes this crucial workforce-management activity convenient, affordable and efficient. Here is why:
- Firstly, it is convenient, meaning the employee doesn’t need to leave the job-site to test
- Secondly, it is a simple process with user-friendly tools
- Single urine drug testing kits can cover multiple drugs of abuse, including marijuana, cocaine, amphetamines methamphetamine and opiates
- In addition, it saves money with a lower total cost and no lab fees
- Quick results meaning job applicants and employees can go to work immediately
- Also, better employee productivity and accuracy on the job
- Plus, less absenteeism and lower turnover
- Potential lower medical costs and worker’s compensation claims
- Improved morale
- Increased workplace safety for employees and customers or the public
- Above all, pre-employment drug testing could actually be an issue of life or death
As you see, there are many advantages of conducting drug testing on-site but keep in mind, you need to use drug testing products from a reputable company with drug tests that are CLIA Waived and/or FDA Cleared or if needed, for forensic use only.
Call to order or ask questions about uVera Diagnostics’ Drug Testing Products. 1-866-242-5930
uVera Diagnostics’ Drug Tests are available to purchase online. Click here to see the CR3 drug test cups, all-in-one drug test cups, drug test dip panels, all-in-one drug test cups, and saliva drug tests.
- These tools and test kits screen for drugs or alcohol using samples of urine or saliva.
- Easy-to-use and FDA-compliant drug test kits. In addition, sample collection cups, test strips, and almost-instant diagnostic tools are now readily available.
- Wholesale pricing and excellent, knowledgeable customer service are on offer from reliable manufacturers and distributors.
5 Panel All-in-one Urine Drug Test Cup CLIA Waived
Among the latest, most convenient portable drug tests are the 5 Panel All-in-one Urine Drug Test Cup CLIA Waived.
This all-in-one cup is an incredibly accurate, integrated drug test cup. Used for the qualitative detection of 5 Drugs of Abuse in human urine. It is fast and easy to read, with test results shown within 5 minutes or less.
The 5 Panel Drug is a drug tester’s best friend because it will test for the topmost common illegal drugs. Similarly, it tests for AMP, COC, MET, OPI, and THC.
- No Minimum Purchase
- Female Friendly (Large Opening)
- Temperature Strip Within Each Cup
- 18 Month Shelf Life
- For urine adulteration, the cup has included adulterants PH, OX, SG.
Interested in workplace drug testing supplies or information?
Contact the experts here at uVera Diagnostics. This website is packed with diagnostic screening tools and drug testing details, and we’re always ready to assist you.
For more information on drug testing, click here or call 1-866-242-5930.
Want more information? You may find the following articles helpful.
- Healthcare Industry Drug Testing to Deal with Employee Substance Abuse
- Drug Testing Benefits Your Employees and Your Company in Five Ways
- 10 Reasons Why You Should Do Onsite Drug Testing
uVera Diagnostics has a variety of FDA 510(k) cleared and CLIA waived test kits.
These are affordable, convenient, simple to administer, 99 percent accurate, and fast in providing results.
Set to SAMHSA (Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration) cut-off levels, our urine drug test kits are used by businesses, organizations and agencies in a wide range of industries from staffing to medical to criminal justice to construction and more. We make it easy for you to search for information and drug tests by type of drug tested too. This includes drug descriptions, street names, what the drugs look like, the dangers and side effects, links to the drug tests for each drug, etc.
Among our most popular testing kits is our CR3 Drug Test Cup. This patented test cup has an innovative design (including a large opening, slanted top, and snap-shut lid) that simplifies the process for drug test administrators. Also widely used because of its convenience and fast results is our All-in-one Urine Drug Test Cup. This one-step urine test uses an integrated test cup and is available in a variety of panel options (5 panel, 6 panel, 7 panel, 10 panel, 12 panel, 13 panel and 14 panel). uVera Diagnostics products also include T-Cup Drug Tests, Dip Panel Drug Tests, Generic Dip Panel Drug Tests and Saliva Drug Tests
About Bill Nee, VP Sales/Marketing uVera Diagnostics and Co-designer and Developer of the CR3 split-sample drug test cup.
Bill has 27 years in sales management and marketing. In addition, he is a 12-year veteran of the drug testing industry. As a parent and co-worker, Bill’s focuses his energy on drug testing at every level. Addiction is all around us in alcohol, prescriptions, and street drugs, and that is a constant reminder a drug-free society starts with each and every one of us.
For more information on drug testing, call 1-866-242-5930.
This information is meant for awareness and education purposes only. In addition, any medical or life-saving advice should come from experts. Always consult with your physician about any and all drugs. In conclusion, if it is an emergency, dial 911 or call emergency services.